The mission of Project Hope & Beyond (PHB) is to provide support to persons living with chronic depression, anxiety, or other mood disorders, and well as to family members and friends who want to better understand them. In that vein, you should be civil and treat others as you expect to be treated here.
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not Project Beyond Blue, the administrators, moderators or Webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence Project Beyond Blue, the administrators, moderators and Webmaster will not be held liable for their management of the site or for the opinions expressed by third parties.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. Advertisements, announcements, research requests or any type of research on the content of these forums is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise noted, copyrights of individual messages are owned and retained by their original poster. Unauthorized use or reproduction of any material found on these forums is strictly prohibited without prior authorization of the copyright holder.
A valid email address is required to complete your registration. Only one member account per individual. People registering more than one account may lose all accounts on the forum, and all forum access.
This is, first and foremost, a self-help support community. That means if your message (post or PM) isn't about offering support to another person or asking for it, it's potentially not appropriate for our community. Specifically prohibited from our community:
- Advertisements of any sort
- Announcements for research projects
- Soliciting others to join another online community
- Flames or messages meant to intimidate or harass others
- Threatening or profane messages
- Messages discussing a private message (PM) from others
- All discussions of administrative issues
- Copyrighted materials that you do not own the rights to
- Messages containing suicidal threats or suicidal actions
- Messages containing or condoning illegal acts
- Limit your direct discussion of politics or anything that might be considered as controversial material, topics on which people hold very strong opinions.
- Please be respectful in conversations about faith and religion. Persons are free to post in the language of their faith. That is not deemed proselytizing. If you disagree, please IGNORE. PBB started on Beliefnet, a spirituality site, and therefore will include some faith-based topics and language.
- Triggering material without the use of the Trigger Icon
- Anything that violates the Terms of Service for this site
- Members should generally not speak for, or about (especially in a negative manner), other current or past members. If a member wants to say something, they are welcomed to do so themselves. If a past member who's left on their own accord wants to say something, they're welcomed to start a new account.
- Interpersonal differences with other members should always be handled in private (e.g., via PM).
- All goodbye posts. Instead, PM your friends privately if you choose to leave the community.
When in doubt about appropriate content, contact any moderator before posting questionable material.
To report a problem, contact someone on the Admin Team or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that you know that PBB is not operated by a mental health professional and SHOULD NOT replace professional help. This is not a suicide or crisis hotline. Please contact a counselor, family member, friend, or emergency services if you are having suicidal thoughts.
In the USA, call:
Or visit the National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
For international telephone numbers and suicide resources, visit:
For Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and People with Speech Disabilities who use a TTY, call:
- 1-800-799-4TTY (4889).
Our Forums are Research-Free
These forums strictly prohibit any research being conducted on them for any purpose whatsoever. Any user of this forum is prohibited from conducting research on the forums in any form, whether it be as a group or on an individual poster.