The mission of Project Hope & Beyond (PHB) is to provide support for persons living with chronic depression, anxiety, or other mood disorders, and well as for family members and friends who want to better understand them. In that vein, you should be civil and treat others here as you expect to be treated.
While the administrators and moderators of this site will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not Project Hope & Beyond, the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence Project Hope & Beyond, the administrators, moderators and webmaster will not be held liable for their management of the site or for the opinions expressed by third parties.
This site is for mutual support and information-sharing only. Advertisements, announcements, research requests, or any type of research on site members or the content of these forums is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise noted, copyrights of individual messages are owned and retained by their original poster. Unauthorized use or reproduction of any material found on this is strictly prohibited without prior authorization of the copyright holder.
A valid email address is required to complete your registration. Only one member account per individual is permitted. People registering more than one account may lose all accounts on the site, and all access.
This is, first and foremost, a self-help support community. That means if your message (post or private message) isn't about offering support to another person or asking for it, it's potentially not appropriate for our community. Should you have any interpersonal differences with a member, these should only and always be handled using a private message.
Specifically prohibited on our community site:
- Advertisements of any sort
- Announcements for research projects
- Copyrighted materials to which you do not own the rights
- Flames or messages meant to intimidate, harass or threaten others
- Profane messages
- Messages containing or condoning illegal acts
- Messages containing suicidal threats or suicidal actions
- Messages discussing a private message (PM) from other(s)
- Any discussion of administrative issues
- Solicitations to join another online community
- Any goodbye posts (Instead, please PM your friends privately if you choose to leave the community.)
- Politics (Please limit your direct discussion of politics or anything that might be considered controversial topics on which people hold very strong opinions.)
- Anything that violates the Terms of Service for this site
- Discussions about Current or Previous Participants -- Members should not speak for another member. If a member wants to say something, they are able and welcome to do so. Members should not speak about current or past members (especially in a negative manner). A past member who has left the community, voluntarily, is welcome to simply create an account again if s/he would like to join a discussion.
Please be respectful in conversations about faith and religion. Persons are free to post in the language of their faith. That is not deemed proselytizing. If you disagree, please IGNORE the post or message. (PHB started on Beliefnet, a spirituality site, and therefore will include some faith-based topics and language.)
Whenever in doubt about appropriate content or to report a problem, please contact an Admin at email@example.com for clarification or assistance.
It is important that you know that PHB is not monitored by a mental health professional and SHOULD NOT REPLACE professional help. This is not a suicide or crisis hotline.
Please contact a counselor, family member, friend, or emergency services if you are having suicidal thoughts.
In the USA, call
- 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
Or visit the National Suicide Prevention Hotline website
For deaf, hard of hearing, and people with speech disabilities who use a TTY, call
- 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
For international telephone numbers and suicide resources, visit
Any user of this site is prohibited from conducting research in any form, whether it be on a group or on an individual member. We strictly prohibit it for any purpose whatsoever.